Saturday, August 25, 2018

SOC Eye: Issue #1

This is different. For the past several months, I had been using this digital space as a means of catalog. It feels like a record of my encounters with media over the course of the last summer. I've talked music, I've talked anime, but I haven't talked about myself. When I say "myself" I mean myself within daily life, not just how I interact with media. While yes, media makes up a susbtantial part of my life and how it's shaped me into who I am today, just as it has for everyone reading this right now, I figured I could pull back the curtain just a bit. I could use blogs the same way that many others with more exciting lives do, to talk about my own with the pretenses of a review or a look down memory lane. This is quite literally me and my state of mind at 1:21 in the morning on Saturday, August 25, 2018, and all the things that pop into my head at a particular moment in time. Here is a little ditty I call SOC Eye, and it goes something like this.

1. During the summer, I become a night owl.

2. There always seems to be someone who can stroll past my window during the day, so it's nice when it's night and the only thing you can see through the curtains is night.

3. I am too awake to fall asleep, and I tried sleep but it wasn't working

4. Late night HBO is a funny thing. Animals is a great show and Random Acts of Flyness is one of the most fascinating shows I've seen, one that defies description.

5. I was going to make a blog post about Random Acts of Flyness after seeing an episode last week for the first time and had more of an analysis about that one episode than I did any piece of TV I have consumed this year, live-action or not. I was just lazy

6. Apparently, when it's midnight and my body still can't rest, it's apparently second nature for me to go cook ramen.

7. Apprently, late nights and ramen seem to blend well together. Especially since I moved to a new state in 2016, I have spent many moons eating instant noodles under the artifical glow of light bulbs in the dining room.

8. Watching Boomerang at late nights is one of the best reasons to fuck up a sleep schedule.

9. I realize once again scrolling through my Kitsu account that the only reason I am able to partake in my hobbies this deeply is because my social life is almost non-existant.

10. I wonder if I'll ever put all the ideas I have in my mind into coherent thoughts for people to see.

11. I'm not sure whether I should be worried or excited about my upcoming college stint.

12. My mind seems to often wonder into just how different I would be if one thing had changed. I'll let your mind wander on what that one thing could be.

13. I've watched more anime on August 24th than I did any individual day all week.

14. This week imageboards and J-pop are what I gravitated to.

15. I can't stop buying strawberry milkshake pop tarts because of a powerful mix of 2000's nostalgia and limited edition status.

16. The fact that 2000's nostalgia is an idea slowly rising to popularity is bizarre yet utterly fascinating to me.

17. The SOC in SOC Eye is an abbreviation of Stream Of Consciousness.

18. The SOC in SOC Eye is pronounced sook.

19. Yes, it's just like that closing song from that band I like. You know the one.

20. Even if no one reads it, blogging is oddly fascinating, even if it takes up time.

21. The Eye in SOC Eye means I, referring to myself.

22. I'm sure this idea for a blog post will sound awesome while I'm in this state late at night, but maybe I'll hate it in the morning.

23. Do I need to have long essays for every blog post?

24. It just so happens that i do, except in the times that I don't.

25. I have realized that my post regarding Kablam is the best thing I will ever write this year.

26. I say this part because of the personal narrative woven into a look at a not-that-popular 90's cartoon, and part from the positive response I have gotten from my best friend.

27. I notice that the wait between Circle of Friendz gets progressively longer and longer. Always forward, never backwards.

28. One of the shows I look forward to the most is Ongaku Shoujo, even if it's not in my top 5 favorites this season.

29. Every time Souk Eye comes on, I wanna dance like an idiot.

30. I have a feeling that I will become a hikikomori in the near future, and I wouldn't really notice it.

31. I want to get into visual novels someday

32. I am too lazy to finish games.

33. Night is beautiful, and the nighttime in winter is astounding.

34. Everything comes back to night, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment